Sunday 17 April 2016

Fine art photographs of the horizon



Visit the gallery © Paul Foley


Visit the gallery © Paul Foley


Much of my inspiration lives on the shoreline and at the horizon.

The shoreline is my base - it is where I wander when I need to feel home. The horizon is where I gaze when leaving home becomes a plan for discovery and adventure.

The visual link between the shoreline and the horizon is obvious - the closest leads to the distant other. However, though connected, they serve different roles in my creative process.

The shoreline is busier - I need to be aware of waves and tides. Timing is everything. Photographing the horizon, on the other hand, is a slower process. The longer exposures give me time to gaze out and dream - which is just fine by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any questions? Comments? Please get in touch.