Wednesday 19 February 2014

looking away...


I made two good pictures today. Actually, it's more accurate to say that I completed them today. I coaxed the light onto the sensor a few days ago but today I finished the pictures.  Just as I once messed around in the darkroom I now mess around in the Lightroom I just make sure to have plenty of information in the raw file so I can push the pixels around without damaging them.


This was a cloudy day with some soft rain in the distance. Very flat light and perfect for the kind of picture making that I really enjoy - it begins in the camera but comes to life on the monitor.

As Ansel Adams said:
'The negative is comparable to the composer's score and the print to its performance. Each performance differs in subtle ways.'
Get in touch if you have any questions or comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any questions? Comments? Please get in touch.