Tuesday 23 June 2009

Hey! Stop that smilin'!


Well, it's 9.15 pm and still very light outside. I've just walked home from Zacutto, a little Italian Restaurant near the apartment I am staying in. In fact it's my last night here and I have to pack. Soon I'll find out if those things I can't find are really lost.

Early tomorrow we catch a train to Cambridge, then Wednesday night we drive to Swansea for a few days. After the weekend there's one more day shooting in London then on to Canada.

I've really enjoyed my free time in London as well as photographing the two Universities I've done so far for the client. London is more than four or five days can do justice to as I'm sure most of you will attend to.

The weather has been mostly fine but nearly always cloudy with some moments of nice light. Here's some pictures I took when I wasn't otherwise experiencing as much as I could fit in my free time.

A prize of a signed print of your choice of the pictures for the first 10 people who can identify at least five of the scenes!

There's so much to tell you about my short visit here but I have that packing to do. Besides my stay here is best summed up by the back story to the title of this entry.

Whatever I have found to have lost in London the most consistent item has been my way. So, there I was in Notting Hill asking a local where Portobello Road was when he politely pointed to the street sign I had just walked past.

I thanked him and turned around smiling to walk back to the corner. Just a few steps later I noticed a tradesman in his van eating some take away. We made eye contact, he swallowed his mouthful and said with a grin, "Hey! Stop that smilin'".

At least I think it was a grin - it didn't matter I was having a very good day.

Cheers

Paul































3 comments:

  1. Love the London pics, Paul. Here goes ... in no particular order
    1. The London Eye
    2. St Paul's Cathedral
    3. Houses of Parliament
    4. Albert Memorial
    5. Tate Modern

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely correct (in no particular order :-), Ali Jane. Please choose which one you would like me to print for you and let me know where to send it.

    Thanks for reading my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Paul! It is Alison here from Monday. I took a little peek around your site after meeting you on Monday - you take such beautiful pictures. I think I really love the one of Big Ben with the plane. In a way it represents my time living in London 10 years ago - life was slightly precarious and uncertain, and I always knew that one day I would fly away - my time there wasn't forever. My mailing address is PO Box 1019 Double Bay, 1360. Thanks again, Paul!

    ReplyDelete

Any questions? Comments? Please get in touch.