Monday 20 August 2012

Interview

I was interviewed this morning by a delightful student as part of her masters studies. Her name is Sanaa Al-Hadabi and she is from Oman.

I'm not sure if Sanaa was enlightened to any degree by my utterances. I, on the other hand, had a great time learning about her culture and family back in Oman. She showed me pictures on her phone of her beautiful nieces (all under 4) dressed up to celebrate the recent end of Ramadan. The phone also held closeup, appetizing pictures of the colourful spices and vegetables she uses in her cooking. Email evidence for her Mum, Sanaa said, to prove she was eating well! Mothers transcend cultures.





We met in the members lounge at the Art Gallery of New South Wales over a cup of tea and as we spoke a shaft of sunlight, filtered by the trees outside the window, flickered across her face. Lucky I had my camera.


Canon 5D Mark2, 40mm f2.8 Canon 'pancake' lens. 800 ISO, f6.3, 1/40th






No comments:

Post a Comment

Any questions? Comments? Please get in touch.