Thursday 18 April 2013

Thank you Linda, this is why I love making pictures.


Recently I received an email from a friend whose daughter, Ruby, I had photographed quite a while ago. With her permission I am sharing some of her words here.

I have known Linda for many years - watched grow from a vibrant, engaging and, perhaps just a little, mischievous teenager into a successful business woman and loving mother. 


Because I had moved away and lost regular contact I was delighted to catch up on how Ruby is growing and discovering all that life has to offer. And very chuffed to read the kind comments.

I’m proud that a few pictures I made over nine years ago have triggered the beautiful memories and observations that Linda's heartfelt words express.

Linda wrote:
“I just looked at the images... 9 years or so ago - just beautiful... they so capture the essence of WHO she really IS!!.

She has not changed too much... she is so funny... makes me laugh every day.

Example - gets an apple from fridge to eat. Sticks the apple sticker on her forehead like a bindi (She calls them Galah apples instead of Gala). She turns, does a bollywood dance (with eyes hands etc wriggling side to side remarkably like a bollywood dance) and then says in an Indian accent. "My name is Galah, I'm an indian dancer!" She then cracks up laughing at herself so hard she ends up on the floor!!!

She is a delightful human being and I can't believe we have been so blessed to have her in our lives.

I'm sure you would like her. She is exactly that girl you caught on film. Thank you.

Linda”

Music by Sean Degan: Shirts from Matthew
shirtsfrommatthew.bandcamp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any questions? Comments? Please get in touch.